Marketing Manager Application
We’re looking for an experienced marketing manager to run the day-to-day marketing activities & long term marketing strategy of the company. If you're great at building brand awareness and excited about contributing towards Musoni’s ongoing expansion then use the form below to apply.
Musoni is an exciting fintech company with a strong social mission. Our goal is to expand financial inclusion, reduce poverty and improve the lives of the unbanked. To do this, we support financial organisations with our innovative core-banking platform, the Musoni System. The Musoni System gives financial organisations the tools they need to reduce their costs, improve their efficiency and to drive financial inclusion into the rural areas where the majority of the unbanked live.
Musoni is headquartered in the Netherlands with regional offices in Nairobi and Myanmar. Our team of 30 supports over 90 financial institutions in the developing world, impacting over a million low-income individuals across 15 countries.
What does the role involve?
We’re looking for a marketing manager to manage the day-to-day marketing activities and the long-term marketing strategy of the company. The goal is to establish a strong brand presence that supports the company’s ongoing expansion.
While the role is based in the Netherlands, it is expected that the marketing manager will make frequent trips to both Africa and SE Asia where Musoni’s customers are based.
The key responsibilities include:
- Develop the marketing strategy for the company
- Build external and internal brand awareness
- Social media (Twitter, LinkedIn and the Company Blog)
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts our target groups and establishes Musoni as an industry thought leader
- Liaise with end customers, and client facing colleagues to produce customer success stories
- Oversee and approve marketing materials, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies used by Sales teams
- Organise company conferences, trade shows and other major events
- Keep an overview of key conferences Musoni should either attend or sponsor
- Work with regional teams to manage attendance at these conferences
- Manage the application process for relevant awards / competitions
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of different marketing channels
The role reports to Cameron, Musoni’s CEO.
What skills & experience do you need to apply?
As a rapidly growing company, the ideal candidates for this role are ambitious, motivated and outgoing. We’re looking for fast learners with the ability to think strategically and creatively, especially those who enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment. We like people who are flexible and have the ability to enthusiastically respond to new tasks and challenges.
As a general rule you should have:
- Experience creating marketing campaigns, marketing strategy, and marketing plans
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of
- metrics and processing figures with excel
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Degree in Marketing or related field
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
What are the benefits for you?
Musoni offers a competitive starting salary based on experience, as well as the option to be flexible in your working hours. Aside from this, as a rapidly growing company, Musoni offers exciting opportunities for career development. You will be encouraged and supported to pick up new responsibilities and embrace opportunities as the company expands. Applicants should look forward to the opportunity of making a major impact towards the company’s future success and expanding financial inclusion in the developing world.